Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Absurd Waiting Times To Vote! 3 and a Half Hours To Cast My Ballot!

I've voted in past presidential elections and it's never taken 3 and half hours to vote. Aren't these new snazzy machines meant to make this system more efficient? How is it possible that there are 10 machines with 3 not working and only 2 people checking names on their small little laptops with thousands of people in line? I've done my fair share of asking around and not everyone is waiting that long. I did have someone tell me 4 hours and 2 other people say an hour and a half. 



I'd really like to see the demographic information for areas and there corresponding wait times in their polling facilities.  so that I can see which areas had the longest waiting times. People in my line had to leave because they couldn't be late for work. Who realistically plans a block of 3 and a half hours of time to vote? 98 percent of the people in my line to vote were middle to low income families and the majority African American. Could just be sheer happenstance that my area just so happened to have  terrible voting procedures but who really knows? So I ask all of you how long did it take you to vote and what is your demographic area like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment