Monday, November 19, 2012

Bitter Dallas Cowboy Fan

I've been a Dallas Cowboy fan since pretty much birth. I remember their glory days in the 90's when I was a little girl. Those are times clearly long past. Funnily enough people will still say "you're a bandwagon fan" which is odd. Why would I bandwagon fan a team that has won only one play off game in what like 15 years-ish? Truth is my Dad was born and raised in Texas so as a little girl I would always watch football with my Dad and the rest of my family.

There is no season that excites me more than football season but the last few years I've become very bitter towards my favorite team.  For the last 6 years at least I've watched a team that has had and still has an immense amount of talent yet EVERY year it's the same thing. They can not win consistently. There are games when Tony Romo and the bunch look like a Super Bowl winning team but literally in that same game it could all end terribly by not playing with consistency.  They don't play with consistency and most importantly they are not playing with conviction. Every year they are a highly penalized team and consistently have several turnovers (I'm talking to you Tony Romo.. and not just turnovers but you love to throw pick 6's).

I will hear people praise Romo and how his numbers are great stat wise and while I am now very nuetral with my support towards him as my patience  is running extremely thin I always remind them, It doesn't matter what his regular season stats are. His stats can be better than a Troy Aikman all day long but there is one important stat everyone is forgetting. 3 Rings baby. Not 1.. not 2.. but 3!   Tony has had many chances to take us to the next level. Yes it is a team game but he has talent around him. Single handedly (seattle playoff game a few years back when he botched the snap) he lost that game for us. I'm thinking it's time to start thinking about drafting a long term QB who is going to take us to that next level of play. I have a feeling that Tony would probably excel on another team. A team that isn't as high profile as the Dallas Cowboys.  If you disagree, tell me why you think the Dallas Cowboys should stick with Tony Romo?

Yesterday the Cowboys beat the Cleveland Browns (barely at that) and that is supposed impress me as a fan? Is this supposed to mean we have a good shot at "making a comeback" to win the NFC East.  Some of these announcers need to call it like it really is.  Come on Cowboys you're supposed to beat the Browns (Sorry Browns fans). Don't act like this is a meaningful victory. Yes every victory counts but not if you can't beat the teams that matter. The teams you will have to beat in the playoffs. The best win we've had this year is opening game against the Giants. Bottom line is I am NOT impressed. I want to see that talent pulled together and I want to see that winning spirit.




No comments:

Post a Comment