Monday, December 17, 2012

Remembering The Little Angels

Today in Connecticut and across the nation there is mourning for 20 little Angels and 8 brave adults.  Today they have laid to rest some of the children who had their lives cut short by the horrendous tragedy that occurred at Sandy Hook elementary. As the details of this horrific event unfolded I couldn't help but to literally feel extremely sick to my stomach and overwhelmingly sad with tears for the victims, their families, and also tears for what the world is coming to.  

Since this event every child seems more beautiful to me. Every laugh I hear and every tear I see seems more precious.  Being that I work in a busy shopping mall I get to see babies and small children all the time. Children right now are excited about the Holidays. The joy and innocence in their eyes is priceless.  I can't even begin to understand why or how any person could be so evil to take the life of innocent helpless children.  What happened in this boys life to prompt this? Was he simply crazy or did he in his mind have some sort of reason that justified this awful event? The only solution to evil and hatred is to love more. You can't take away hatred and evil with more hatred and evil. We must love. Love each other, love the planet, and love ourselves.    

If you take anything from this event understand to never take anything or anyone for granted including your time on this earth, to love your family and friends, to say you love them, and to be grateful for everything you have in your life.  These tragedies however awful have the ability to make us appreciate what we have more. In order for our soul to evolve and to become a more whole person we must experience all aspects of living. Could you appreciate a sunny day if you have never seen a cloudy rainy day? Could you appreciate winning if you have never lost?  Living an attitude of gratitude is something everyone should live by all the time but when these events occur it serves as a reminder to be thankful and appreciative for what remains in our life. Care more. Be compassionate. Smile more. 

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way"  

Below is a poem I came accross online and wanted to share. 

I’m only a small child, not much do I know.
God holds onto my hand as I look down below. 

I’m here with the Father in the most beautiful place
yet I can’t feel much joy when I see your sad face.

Your heart has been broken, I can see from up here
as you struggle along and you wipe every tear.
If I only had words I could send you today
that would tell you I’m home and I’m really okay.

Heaven is beautiful with sparkles and white wings,
and the angels are teaching me so many things.
I’ll grow and mature in this Heavenly land
while holding on tightly to my Father’s soft hand.

Then one day you’ll join me in this home in the skies.
Our joy will be full with no more goodbye’s.
So don’t grieve for me now but find peace in your soul,
and know God has finally made your little one whole.

Now, even if you can’t seem to understand why,
please know in your heart that our love didn’t die.
He tells me that just for a time we must wait
and then I can meet you at Heaven’s front gate!
-Ferna Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment