Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Lottery and Your Dreams


Today while doing some research I happened to stumble upon a website about playing the lottery. The author of the article went into great detail about how it’s a complete waste of money, thoughts, and resources. He goes on to state some numbers and how you end up wasting so much money in the long run and getting nothing in return. This guy pretty much tells you in the article to be realistic and to not dream about winning and his best advice was not to play.

Although I can certainly understand where his thoughts are coming from since they are based on statistical facts I still disagree with him. I am absolutely not telling you to go gamble away your savings to try to win big, however I do think that you can take a reasonable 5 bucks give or take a little less or a little more depending on your income and buy some tickets that give you the opportunity to change your life.  It’s ok and very healthy for you to dream. You have infinitely more chances to win than those who don’t play. Period. If you don’t play/try you can’t win. It’s that simple.

For me the real issue here isn’t about the lottery and statistics it’s how easy and quickly people will be to shoot down someone else’s dreams or their own.  In regards to the lottery someone has to win right? Why can’t that someone be you?  Most people I know play the lottery not necessarily because they are definitely going to win but because it fills them with hope! Hope for luck, hope for a better future, hope to fulfill their dreams etc. 

I say to everyone dream whatever dreams make you feel happy no matter how big whether it’s winning the lottery or becoming a famous actress.  There are going to be those people who will tell you that you’re wasting your time etc. That’s the kind of person you need to immediately disassociate yourself from.  Stay around those who believe in the beauty of your dreams and who will uplift you. 

I can already hear the naysayers saying things like I’m spreading false hope I say to them I’d rather have hope for the possibilities than have no hope and be a prisoner captive by own mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment